With more than two decades of senior underwriting experience at some of the world’s biggest banks, our directors give us unparalleled underwriting expertise coupled with the strength derived from having many of the world’s top lenders and financial institutions as strategic partners. From that foundation, we develop some of the most innovative project funding solutions in the world and source unique project funding alternatives through capital markets and lenders worldwide. We also enhance your project with the capabilities of a global funding team with a history of successfully funding some of the most challenging and complex international financing projects in the world.
Our expertise in delivering successful project financing packages and our innate ability to match the right project with the right lenders, architects, engineers, consultants, builders, developers and all of the professionals your project will need is uncanny. Doing it seamlessly and at the right time gives us all the tools we need to arrange and deliver extraordinary financial solutions for challenging, difficult to place loans and projects.
Sustainability in international project financing means delivering at the most difficult of times. By exploiting our strengths and core expertise in project finance we are often successful at placing project development loans for clients whose financing has been declined by other financiers and lenders. If your project has been turned down, we can help. We’ll pre-underwrite your project financing to see if we can successfully fund your project where others have failed. Submit a Project Finance Request now and we’ll get your financing started today.
The typical project financing structure, which has been simplified for these purposes, for a build, operate and transfer (BOT) project is shown. The key elements of the structure are:
- Special purpose vehicle (SPV) project company with no previous business or record;
- Sole activity of project company is to carry out the project – it then subcontracts most aspects through construction contract and operations contract;
- For new build projects, there is no revenue stream during the construction phase and so debt service will only be possible once the project is online during the operations phase, thus there are significant risks during the construction phase;
- Sole revenue stream likely to be under an off-take or power purchase agreement;
- The project finance loans are non-recourse as to the borrowers, including the sponsors of the project and shareholders of the project company. There are extensive project financing documents that required no personal liability under the project loans. Thus, the project sponsor and project shareholders are liable only up to the extent of their shareholdings;
- Project Finance Structure means the project remains off-balance-sheet for the sponsors and for the host government.